Saturday, March 24, 2007

Listen to this true story!

~The 1st Betty Crocker Cake Mix~

Before Betty Crocker cake mix first came out, women were asked if it was a product that they would use. "Yes," seemed to be a steady answer, so the product was prodused and put on market shelves right away.
But after some time, Betty Crocker cake mixes were still on the shelves. Women were not buying them and the company wondered why. It didn't seem right that women would rather make a cake themselves instead of just adding water to the Betty Crocker mixes. Something was wrong.
So, the company went to a P.R. (Public Relations) man to get an answer to why the cakes were not selling.
And what did he tell them? Well, that one is simple. "Add an egg."
He told them that women felt too GUILTY making a cake for their families with the mix because there was no love in just adding water. It was too easy!
So, the company added an egg to their cake mix recipe and what happened? They sold like hot cakes! Because there was more love put into the cakes if the person has to add their own egg plus the water. Not as easy, but still easy enough.

Huh,
Lanna

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting...

Hey, umm I posted so please visit soon. I like posted on all my blogs but on my Stars of Glory I posted the links to my other two blogs.


Daisy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Austin said...

sweet

LeeAnna said...

What did you expect? There is no love in a cake mix, period. That's why i don't buy cake mixes. There is no love in cake. Now, muffins are OK and banana bread is borderline, but pizza is a true sign of love, but only if it's on homemade crust! If you want to make a meal that truly says i love you, make a pizza and pile it with mushrooms, peppers, onions and olives. If you're talking anniversary dinner and want your pizza to smack of romance, you might throw on a few anchovies (oysters are gross, look like boogers).
yeeeehaaaa!
MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM

P.S. Produced is with a "c." Now get out your spelling book and get to work!

LeeAnna said...

Austin and Cherise,

Excuse my mother, she just got a brain tummer removed. If only that were true, then I might have an excuse for my mother. Oh, dear! What to do? My mother is tearing apart the couch with her teeth as I type. The loud shreeks she makes. The drool. The evil laughter. Now she is after my brother. ~excuse me for a moment~

5 min later.....
My brother is okay. He has a bald spot now, but he'll live. Jo is tring to get him to help him calm down, but it might be a few weeks. My other brother is still recovering from when my mother bit the shoe right off his foot last week. Then she cased after him while sceaming "I WANT CANDY!" over and over.
I just put her in her cage for the rest of the day. Though, I'm uneasy about the her still. It may be an steel bar cage, but she ate through the last one. I must make dinner. Farewell good friends, and remember: Be safe!

Lanna;)

LeeAnna said...

GUYS!

GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!

LANNA!!!!!

LeeAnna said...

The cat's out of the bag. I have a brain tummer. It has not been removed. What is a brain tummer you ask? It is a 13 year old smart-butt who thinks she's cute, but can't spell. Let me out of this cage!
MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!! You guys are HILAREOUS!!!!!!

LIKE SERIOUSLY I'VE NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD IN MY LIFE!